Questions about our products? Reach out for more information or to request a data sheet.
Special Power Sources is building a dynamic team of passionate people to build upon the successes of the past as we position ourselves for future growth opportunities in both commercial and defense arenas. We are looking for critical thinkers who like to work together to challenge the status quo and make something “special”. Let us know if you think you are the kind of person who can contribute to our team as we look to provide efficient power sources in remote places.
Director of Business Operations
Special Power Sources is a hypergrowth organization, which means that our core teams and operations infrastructure must constantly be evolving to sustain and further this growth. As a Director of Business Operations at Special Power Sources, you will work on cross-functional initiatives across the company to help develop strategic direction with executive leadership, execution frameworks, process automation and workflow enhancements, KPIs, and team structures necessary to drive Special Power Sources’ growth. You will be trusted to tackle challenging and impactful problems at Special Power Sources, working directly with the executives to achieve success.
This is an on-site position that will be located in Alliance OH at the Special Power Sources facility. This position reports directly to the SPS President/CEO.
You will work with the Business Operations Team including the SPS Chief Technology Officer (CTO), SPS engineers and Advanced TechWorks (ATW) co-located teams to identify areas of highest impact across the company, define engagement scopes, and build comprehensive strategies to solve the underlying issues and execute.
In this role, you will partner with executives and other senior leaders to achieve successful outcomes through initiatives that result in enhanced infrastructure and processes. Your ability to drive order and create value by addressing root cause analysis will result in the scalability and desired business outcomes that prepare Special Power Sources for continued hypergrowth.
The life cycle of your projects, at a high level, will be: Dive into a problem, team, or initiative as an internal consultant, asking questions to learn everything you can about the subject. Remove constraints and use non-incremental thinking to determine how to frame the engagement such that the project can deliver an order of magnitude greater impact. Execute on your plans, frequently doing things yourself as an individual contributor, and laying a solid foundation that can be built upon. Ensure that the project can be sustainable within the function or company without you – either by recommending hiring the right leader or by implementing processes that allow for its success into the future
- BS degree in business, operations management or engineering required, Master’s degree preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Program Management Level II/III certification preferred
- 10+ years combined business operations and execution from a renewable energy industry standpoint or can be substituted for extensive experience in defense or commercial electronics technology arena. Must have extensive experience in project or program management, supply chain and/or quality functions.
- At least 5 years working for a major defense, aerospace, or commercial entity with expertise in development of strategic operational frameworks and executive presentations.
- Leadership experience with responsibility for business results in a fast-paced, multi-function environment.
- Creative problem solver with proven results in improving processes in a business operation and/or sales environment.
- Ability to leverage data to perform root cause analysis and address the source of issues.
- Proven ability to develop creative solutions that result in measurable transformative outcomes that reach beyond incremental improvements.
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to influence and execute effectively in a cross-functional environment.
- Impeccable organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to apply effective change management principles and consider the human element of change.
- A knack for being able to convey complex information and recommendations in a clear, logical, understandable manner to stakeholders at executive levels.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a high integrity, team player with flexibility to meet the demands of changing business priorities.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Special Power Sources. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.